Saturday, May 28, 2011

Expressions of Thanks

Every once in a while we receive a note, an email, a text message, a facebook message or even a face to face expression of thanks that touches our hearts and fuels our souls for the next weeks, months or even years of ministry. I received such a note this week and it has made a deep impact on me. We certainly endure enough self-doubt and criticism to shipwreck even the most committed among us. One note like this one can counteract months of feelings of inadequacy, failure and insecurity.

 
Please read this note and maybe even insert your name in the greeting line. It’s like a balm for your soul. Take some, it’s quite potent.

 
Roger,
Just wanted to take some time to say a few words to you. I don't think it can be expressed enough to you how thankful and appreciative my teammates and I are to have you in our lives. You truly do fuel our drive and hunger for our sport and love for one another as teammates.

 
On a personal level, I am also very thankful to have you as a Role Model in my life. Your genuine care for me as an individual and a Man has helped mold me into the person I am today. The importance of mentors like you, have been crucial in the growth and maturing of me throughout high school and college. I write to you with endless THANKS as well as a sense of encouragement. I realize there may be times where you wonder if any of us are actually listening or even care.... well we do. More than you know. Thank you for everything Roger and keep doing what you are doing. I only hope that one day I can be a man of your stature.

 
We are most privileged of our Lord to have access to the hearts of men and women in sport. If we will love without reserve and will serve without protecting pride, we will occasionally be blessed with such notes of grace and mercy. I am ready to serve another decade after this one. Let’s honor the Lord Jesus with extravagant love and trust Him with the results.

No comments: