Friday, May 31, 2019

Sports Chaplains and the Local Church


During the days of 13-14 May, I was in Kiev, Ukraine for their annual FCA Sports Chaplains School. The gathered men and women were bright, hungry to learn, and responsive. This made for a great couple of days in which I delivered six presentations. I had asked them to outline the issues or topics they wanted me to address, and that was key to our effectiveness. The outline of one of the presentations is below. (By sending it ahead of time, they were able to translate it into Russian to better serve the attendees.)
  







You may have noticed that the bulk of these slides are questions. That is purposeful as I don’t live where they do. I don’t know the local churches as they do. I don’t necessarily see the same opportunities that they do. I believe that by asking good questions, I can help them discover the opportunities that may be at their hands. I was able to point to examples of effective sports chaplain and church partnerships in various parts of the world, mostly to help catalyze their imaginations.

I hope your imagination is catalyzed toward effective, Christ-honoring partnership with the local churches in your area.

No comments: