Friday, September 2, 2022

Faithful Service Story from a Coach's Family

We recently received a note from a coaching family that moved across 3/4 of the USA to their new coaching assignment. The way the Nations of Coaches Character Coach served the coach and his wife is a great example to us all. Thanks to you, one and all, as you serve faithfully and selflessly. The story is below.

Over the summer my husband received a new coaching job across the country. Although there is excitement and adventure that comes along with moving, there are also a lot of challenges.

As my husband was learning his new role, I was carrying the weight of mentally, emotionally and logistically making the move. When I learned our new program had a Character Coach, I was put in touch with his wife. I instantly felt like I had a local advocate and support on the other end of the trip who could assist with this transition into a new community.

She didn't need to be "my newest best friend" or even help unload the moving truck, but she was willing to be a smiling face and an accessible resource for even my most basic questions. Her kindness allowed me to feel seen in an area where no one knows my name.

-A coaching family who is grateful for their new program’s Character Coach and his wife.

No comments: