Friday, December 10, 2021

Ministry Points of Emphasis from the McCown Sport in Ministry Map

In years past I have written about the value of insights gained from use of the McCown Sport in Ministry Map, developed by Lowrie McCown. It has been my most valuable tool for both design and evaluation of sports ministry initiatives.

In recent days I have been using the map as a part of my training of Character Coaches for Nations of Coaches. Most recently I have sought a way of condensing the information for the trainees in a way that equipped them with the information, but required less explanation. To that end, I designed the chart shown below. I hope this simple way of contrasting the mindsets of spectators and recreational oriented sportspeople from that of elite and high profile people of sport is helpful to your service.



No comments: